At long last, the kiln fired. I began these pieces back in the spring, I think, so there's a bit of a learning curve at work, but I'm happy with most of them. For the next batch, whenever that happens, I have many more ideas. I may bring my Mother's wheel up from Brooklyn and start practicing. I've also got some ideas for non-ceramic serving pieces that I may get to in the near future, but there's a big project looming in the new year that needs my attention first (unless I procrastinate by doing little things, which may happen). In the meantime, these will give me some inspiration to cook more multi-course meals, which is how I like to eat.
I made 8 each of most things- didn't see that these would fit together until I took the picture.
I had six of these bowls already. I made six more, with different glazes.
Little amuse tripods, about 3" across.
More espresso cups.
Geodesic bowls, about 6" across.
Rough bowls about 6" in diameter
Plates about 4" square
Rustic oval footed plates
Squares- I made one before and gave it away; these are a little bigger.
I'm going to make more of these with some refinements; they're too thick and the glaze needs work. But they'll do.
Last, a teapot. I made 8 matching little cups, but they didn't make it into the kiln.
The lid stuck during firing, and I broke it knocking it off, but epoxy made it all better. Now I can't give it away. Shucks.
There are other pieces, and they'll show up in future posts laden with various fare.