Monday, November 12, 2007

Quick Change

Again seeking efficiency, and short on time for dinner, I repurposed the chicken and soup from last night into a nice curry. Japanese yam and zucchini simmered in coconut milk, the soup, the pesto gravy, vindaloo paste, spices, and lemon juice. I added the chicken at the end to warm it through. We had pappadums and mango chutney for an appetizer since Milo was "very very hungry." I had a 2006 Sancerre by Franck Millet which is one of my favorite whites right now- for the money (15 bucks) it goes with so many things and works well by itself as an aperitif if people drop by.

2 comments:

Zoomie said...

Mmmmm, curry! Sure beats my out-of-the-can-and-doctor-it-up sauce!

peter said...

The vindaloo paste was from a jar, but I always try to have a lot of seeds and powders to make it more interesting.