Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More Cowbell

The guys are back in the studio this week, recording the third of their Radiolarian records, and Billy asked if I could come shoot some more video this afternoon. I could. And like before, I brought some snacks. Chris also brought one of the legs of duck confit I gave him yesterday for his belated birthday (it's his all-time favorite) along with a kumquat-cranberry-cabernet chutney and the rest of the apricot-chanterelle sauce from Thanksgiving.












From left to right, the last of our gravlax with sudachi-caper emulsion and powdered mustard green oil, duck prosciutto and pear, and guanciale and still more pear. On my way over, I stopped off to get some pepperoncini and crackers, and we had ourselves a quality break between takes. If I had had enough time, or if their studio had better kitchen facilities, I would have made them something more ambitious using all the Japanese bounty they brought me for my birthday, but the nice thing about charcuterie is that it travels well and requires only a knife for serving.

And I totally didn't kick over any mic stands while shooting the session. It went late, so my lovely wife made her bad-ass penne all'arrabiata and I had some of that waiting for me when I got home. Life is good.

8 comments:

Heather said...

You say you didn't kick the mike stand like doing it wouldn'tve been totally badass.

The Spiteful Chef said...

SOMEONE needs to play some Guitar Hero...

I suppose no rock slides, either?

Peter M said...

You know these guys...very cool and they groove like no others!

Sure...bring the camera, take some snaps, feed the band....just another day..right! lol

Jen said...

I think I want your life. ;-)

peter said...

Blanche: They do as few takes as possible, so it would not have endeared me to them.

Kristie: I was wearing leopard-print spandex pants.

Peter: They're like family; it was the least I could do after the amazing gifts they brought me.

Jen: Maybe a time-share?

Anonymous said...

With food like that I would agree..life is surely good :)

michael, claudia and sierra said...

if i were your wife i'd never cook for you

can you say, intimidation?

Anonymous said...

Now i'm really jealous.

In the studio with those guys?.. i would kill to be there.