Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Malolactic Fermentation

Would you rather drink white wine that exhibits characteristics of a) apples or b) milk? Good God.

Update: This comes on the heels of drinking a 2003 Treana Marsanne/Viognier blend (66%/34%) on the recommendation of someone in a local wine store I like. I loves me a Rhône white, so I asked her how "California" it was. She said "Oh, not at all- lots of minerals." And it was on sale, for around $20, so I bought one. And it tasted like butterscotch pudding. Just awful.

Update #2: Actually, I was just impatient to get to 700 posts. Which this is.

5 comments:

The Spiteful Chef said...

What the hell are you talking about, sweetheart? Has all the rain driven you 'round the bend?

Zoomie said...

Okay, shake if off, Big Guy.

cookiecrumb said...

Ya whore.
Californians don't drink butterscotch pudding, BTW. We use spoons.

Heather said...

Did you post this from your cell phone?

peter said...

Kristie: Well, yes, but wine that tastes like milkshakes makes me even madder.

Zoomie: I'll survive.

CC: Sez you.

Blanche: At least I still write MY blog.